Why hire seasonal employees
Seasonal employees are great if:
- Your company is only open at certain times.
- You need more hands during peak periods.
- You have temporary business needs.
Just because these guys or gals will only be with you temporarily, doesn’t mean you should rush the recruiting process. Look for awesome highly-skilled candidates who can hit the ground running.
Seasonal role interview questions
- Why did you apply for this position? Do you think you’re a good fit for the role?
- What do you hope to gain while working with us?
- Do you already know our products/brand?
- What do you plan to do after the season is over?
- What’s your availability?
- Are you available for shift work?
- How would you respond to a customer's complaints?
- What do you like most about working in [industry]?
- How do you stay calm when dealing with multiple clients?
- What would you do if a customer asked for help right before the end of your shift?
- Excellent customer service to one client or lower-quality service to lots of clients: What’s better?
- What would make you quit a job in the first week or month?
How to ace seasonal role interview questions
- Be transparent: Go over the job ad again to clarify the duties and work schedule. It’s important to set expectations early so future hires don’t get caught by surprise and leave in the middle of your peak season.
- Evaluate for soft skills: Look for soft skills like teamwork and communication skills.
- Look for culture fit: These candidates are advocates for your brand. Look for candidates who get your biz objectives and share your values.
Candidates to avoid
- Easily stressed: Seasonal work can be hectic. Use role-playing activities to test for stress levels.
- Inflexible candidates: It’s likely your role will require long hours or a location move. Use phone screening calls to pinpoint applicants who fulfill the minimum job requirements.
- They’re inexperienced: Seasonal employees usually need to be trained fast. Keep an eye out for candidates who are already familiar with your brand and have basic skills.
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now