We would like to make two things clear. First, we respect your privacy and take significant efforts to protect all your data. Second, we would never do anything with your data that we wouldn’t be proud to tell the world about.
Keeping our customers' data secure is the most important thing that Breezy does. We go to considerable lengths to ensure that all data sent to Breezy is handled securely - keeping Breezy secure is fundamental to our business.
INCIDENT RESPONSE PLAN
- We have implemented a formal procedure for security events and have educated all our staff on our policies.
- When security events are detected they are escalated to our emergency alias, teams are paged, notified and assembled to rapidly address the event.
- After a security event is fixed we write up a post-mortem analysis.
- The analysis is reviewed in person, distributed across the company and includes action items that will make the detection and prevention of a similar event easier in the future.
BUILD PROCESS AUTOMATION
- We have functioning, frequently used automation in place so that we can safely and reliably rollout changes to both our application and operating platform within minutes.
- We typically deploy code dozens of times a day, so we have high confidence that we can get a security fix out quickly when required.
- All of our services run in the cloud. Breezy does not run our own routers, load balancers, DNS servers, or physical servers.
- Our services and data are hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS) facilities in the USA and Europe. Dependent upon where your company resides your company record and associated data will be stored within one of those geographic locations. Breezy services have been built with disaster recovery in mind.
- All of our infrastructure is spread across 3 AWS data centers (availability zones) and will continue to work should any one of those data centers fail unexpectedly.
- All of our servers are within our own virtual private cloud (VPC) with network access control lists (ACL’s) that prevent unauthorized requests getting to our internal network.
- Breezy uses MongoDB and performs daily incremental backups for datastores that contain customer data.
We have uptime of 99.9% or higher. You can check our past month stats at http://status.breezy.hr/
- All customer data is stored in the USA and Europe. The location is determined by the region the company resides and any related data privacy considerations.
- Customer data is stored in multi-tenant datastores, we do not have individual datastores for each customer. However strict privacy controls exist in our application code to ensure data privacy and prevent one customer from accessing another customer’s data. We have many unit and integration tests in place to ensure these privacy controls work as expected. These tests are run every time our codebase is updated and even one single test failing will prevent new code being shipped to production.
- All data sent to or from Breezy is encrypted in transit using 256 bit encryption or greater.
- Our API and application endpoints are TLS/SSL only and score an "A+" rating on SSL Labs' tests. This means we only use strong cipher suites and have features such as HSTS and Perfect Forward Secrecy fully enabled.
- Breezy is served 100% over https. Breezy runs a zero-trust corporate network.
- There are no corporate resources or additional privileges from being on Breezy’s network.
- We have two-factor authentication (2FA) and strong password policies on GitHub, Google and AWS to ensure access to cloud services are protected.
Permissions and Admin Controls
- Breezy enables permission levels to be set for any employees with access to Breezy.
- Permissions and access can be set to include app settings, billing, user data, or the ability to send/edit manual messages and auto messages.
- On an application level, we produce audit logs for all activity which are consolidated via syslog with long term persistence in S3/Glacier for archival purposes.
- All access to Breezy applications is logged and audited.
- Bastion hosts are used to login to devices.
- All actions taken on production consoles or in the Breezy application are logged.
- We bi-annually engage with well-regarded third-parties to audit our infrastructure and applications, and work with them to resolve potential issues.
- We use technologies such as Tenable.io, AWS Cloudtrail and Security Monkey to provide an audit trail over our infrastructure and the Breezy application.
- Breezy HR, Inc. complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries.
Breezy is not subject to PCI obligations. All payment instrument processing is outsourced to Stripe.
To report any security vulnerabilities please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org