Front End Web Developer qualifications to look for
Front End Developers are all about user experience. They work to optimize web pages for maximum efficiency while maintaining brand consistency across all web pages.
Front End Developers work alongside Back End Developers, Graphic Designers, and User Experience Designers to ensure consistency across the board.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Team-playing attitude
- The drive to constantly learn
- An understanding of basic algorithmic concepts
- A wide understanding of databases
Though a degree seems attractive, this position is more about how voracious a learner your Front End Developer is.
Your best candidates will participate in hackathons, be active in tech forums, and have a strong interest in learning the latest technologies.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Front End Web Developer interview questions
- What tools do you use to prototype a new idea?
- Write a code snippet demonstrating the usage of the ES6 Promise API
- Explain Function.prototype.bind.
- What is a closure? When would you use it?
- Explain the event loop for a mouse click that results in a new item being added to the call stack or the task queue.
- What are some of your favorite new features in HTML5?
- When do you use doctype?
- Should you position <script> tags before CSS <link>s? </script>
- Which properties are a part of the CSS box model?
- How are classes and IDs in CSS different?
- When would you use display: inline and display: inline-block?
- Define a relative, fixed, absolute and statically positioned element.
- What is z-index? How is the stacking context formed?
- What’s the difference between responsive design and adaptive design?
- Explain why the HTML5 History API is so essential for all single-page applications.
- Describe the HTTP status codes classes that are used to designate success, client error and server error respectively.
- What is event propagation (bubbling phase)? Can you name any other phase in the DOM Event flow?
- When do you fire DOMContentLoaded and Load events?
- Why would you place an async script tag right before ?
- What is the same-origin policy in relation to a web browser security model? Give any practical limitations it may pose.
- List the storage options modern browsers provide.
- Walk me through the steps that constitute the Critical Rendering Path for web browsers.
- Why is PageVisibility API useful?
- Describe the basic overview of the Push web technologies available today as though I’m a non-tech person.
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now