Python Developer qualifications to look for
A Python Web Developer writes server-side web application logic using either Python 2 and Python 3 languages. A solid Python developer can easily adapt to the differences between the two.
Your top Python developer can develop back-end components, connect the application to other third-party web services, and support the front-end developers by integrating their work with the Python application.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Team-playing attitude
- The drive to constantly learn
- An understanding of basic algorithmic concepts
- A wide understanding of databases
Though a degree seems attractive, this position is more about how voracious a learner your Python Developer is.
Your best candidates will participate in hackathons, be active in tech forums, and have a strong interest in learning the latest technologies.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Python Developer interview questions
- Describe the tools and processes you use for linting, debugging and profiling.
- Explain whether arguments in Python get passed by reference or by value.
- Reverse a String iteratively and recursively using a pseudo-code.
- Describe what makes a good unit test. What makes a functional one?
- Are functions considered first-class objects in Python? If so, explain why.
- Give an example of a filter and reduce over an iterable object.
- Implement the Linux whereis command that locates the binary, source, and manual page files for a command.
- Explain list and dict comprehensions.
- Explain in simple terms Lambda expression forms a closure.
- Explain the difference between list and tuple.