QA Engineer qualifications to look for
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers oversee each stage of software development to identify system malfunctions and improve product quality.
They also conduct tests before a product release to make sure the software is running smoothly while meeting design specifications.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- A solid technical background
- Strong communication skills
- A knack for collaboration
- Critical thinking skills
- Practical skills
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
QA Engineer interview questions
- What software automation problems have you faced? How did you handle them?
- What’s your process to determine which applications you should test?
- What test strategy do you find effective?
- Explain the difference between Quality assurance (QA), Quality control (QC) and Software Testing.
- Explain smoke testing.
- Describe the difference between verification and validation.
- When is it appropriate to conduct regression testing?
- What tests should you perform on web-based applications?
- What is your role in the bug life cycle?
- What testing tools have you used? What are your favorite features? Do they have limitations?
- Do you have experience with object-oriented programming languages? If so, describe it.
- What test cases would you write for a remote desktop feature? Why?
- Are you familiar with designing test frameworks for UI testing? If so, explain.
- How do you decide you have tested enough? What’s your process for this?
Behavioral interview questions
- When have you successfully collaborated with developers to deploy a program or application? What was your role? How did you work together?
- Tell me about a time when you acted proactively to increase system performance. What was your role? How did you collaborate with others?
- What resources and publications do you follow to stay current with industry developments?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now