Senior Web Developer qualifications to look for
Senior Web Developers design, code and revamp web pages and online applications. They have a passion for software development and are constantly looking for ways to improve their skills. At a senior-level, they supervise Web Developers and coordinate with internal teams to resolve front-end technical issues.
Your top candidates will have an extensive portfolio and may have a computer science background (though that’s not a make-or-break requirement).
It’s a good idea to test your candidates’ skills to better evaluate how they would handle their role in your company.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- A solid technical background
- Strong communication skills
- A knack for collaboration
- Practical skills
- Strong leadership skills
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- How do you prototype an idea you want to present to your team?
- How do you gather user and system requirements to redesign a company website?
- How would you improve the functionality of your favorite application?
- How would you handle a difficult request from executives or other teams? What tactics do you use to explain how it’s not feasible. What alternatives do you offer?
- How do you approach a developer on your team who is underperforming?
Role-specific interview questions
- Give me a basic overview of push technology. What are its benefits and drawbacks?
- What are the steps to create a web page from start to finish?
- What user interface and security principles do you use when building a website?
- How do you check code for bugs?
- How is Page Visibility API useful?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever faced conflict on your team? How did you manage it?
- How do you troubleshoot code when a program won’t run?
- How do you handle tight deadlines? What do you do to keep your team motivated and on target?
- What mentorship do you provide to your team to help them improve? Do you conduct on-the-job coaching or encourage them to attend meetups and conferences?
- What resources do you follow to stay current with the latest technology developments?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now