About the Assistant Controller position
We are looking for a skilled Assistant Controller who will prepare statements on our regulatory and accounting guidelines٫ reporting a Financial Controller. You will also for identify and prevent inconsistencies and help setting up control systems. You will have to contribute to keeping company's accounting and financial processes up to standard and ensuring accurate financial reporting and control.
We expect you to have good knowledge of accounting principles and be able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively. You also should be reliable٫ organized and have keen attention for detail.
Assistant Controller responsibilities are:
- Provide assistance during formulation of internal controls and policies to ensure compliance with inner standards and legal requirements
- Support basic accounting management operations such as billing٫ tax forms٫ reporting and so on
- Provide assistance during preparation of financial statements ensuring the compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Provide assistance during preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Review and keep organized journal entries٫ invoices etc.
- Help to prepare for the annual audit
- Help to reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Participate in development of reports for senior management or regulatory agents
- Monitor company’s accounting information to detect inaccuracies or imbalances
Assistant Controller requirements are:
- 2+ years' experience of working on an Assistant Controller or other similar position
- Experience with accounting and financial processes (such as budgeting٫ financial closure٫ reporting etc.)
- Good knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Experience with of data analysis and forecasting
- Practical experience with MS Office٫ particularly with Excel)
- Familiarity with accounting software (such as SAP)
- Reliable٫ organized٫ good problem solver with close attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc or BA degree in accounting٫ finance or other relevant area; certification (such as CPA)will be a bonus