Analytics Manager qualifications to look for
Analytics Managers employ strategies and various tools to translate raw data, such as external market metrics or internal performance data, into useful business information.
Your top candidates will be analytical masters able to derive logical conclusions from large amounts of data. Hands-on experience with business intelligence tools, like Tableau, Qlik, Looker and SAS, is crucial for this role. You may consider putting their skills to the test by adding an Excel test to assess knowledge of spreadsheets and advanced formulas.
Look for candidates with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Statistics or Economics.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- An eye for spotting data discrepancies
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and logical skills
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- You’re tasked to forecast our company’s growth for next year. What data do you compile?
- You need to organize data into spreadsheets to track performance metrics for each department. How would you go about this and what kinds of reports would you produce?
- How would you create models to forecast monthly sales revenues based on historical data?
- You need to explain to senior managers how a big data model works, but in terms they understand. Talk me through this explanation.
Role-specific interview questions
- What database software have you used? What are your favorite features?
- Do you have experience with statistical analysis tools, like SPSS and SAS? If so, how have you used them?
- Who would create a data model from scratch? Describe the process step-by-step.
- You need to maximize the security of confidential data. What’s your first step?
- How do you ensure your predictions are accurate using data correlation?
- How do you avoid selection bias? What’s the potential outcome if you don’t?
Behavioral interview questions
- How do you make sure your audience understands technical terms when presenting performance metrics?
- How do you stay current with industry trends? What resources do you regularly follow like publications or podcasts?
- What's the most challenging database issue you’ve faced so far? How did you overcome this?
- Have you helped a company identify areas of improvement and/or reduce costs? If so, how did you present it to senior management?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now