Web Administrator qualifications to look for
Web Administrators are the eyes that watch over your websites to make sure everything is operating properly. They work to improve website speed and functionality while minimizing downtime and fixing bugs.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Enthusiastic in learning more about web development
- Attentive to small details
- Eager to share creative ideas
- Excellent Problem-solver abilities
- Proactive at identifying and addressing technical issues
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- Should you give admin rights to local users? Explain your answer.
- What are the server capacity needs for a company of our size?
- How do you teach employees safe practices to minimize security threats?
- Walk me through the role you’d play for designing a new microsite.
- What’s your process to check and fix broken links?
- Explain the firewalls you would set up to ensure security.
- What do you think would be the issue if a website didn’t load for one specific web browser?
Role-specific interview questions
- What are some common reasons for low loading speeds on a corporate website? How would you troubleshoot these issues?
- Explain the software Bonjour? Is it safe for a corporate web environment?
- What’s the best measure for conversion rates on a web page?
- Explain how keyword research improves a page’s Google rankings. What kinds of tools do you use to research keywords? (e.g. Keyword Planner and Moz)
- What web management tools are you familiar with? What are your favorite features?
- What computer protocols do you know?
- Explain the role of a web proxy server.
Behavioral interview questions
- What is one website that stands out to you with an incredible design? What are some of its best features?
- What are some suggestions you’ve provided that helped a company improve its website?
- What was the biggest job-related challenge you’ve faced so far? What was the situation and how did you manage to overcome obstacles?
- How do you keep current with new web technologies and tools? Do you read any specific blogs or attend conferences, meetups, etc?