Application Developer qualifications to look for
Application Developers use programming languages and operating systems to design functional programs and applications (a.k.a. ‘apps’).
Junior positions may require a degree in Engineering/Computer Science along with a relevant internship. For a senior-level role, top hires will have solid experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC.), along with relevant education requirements.
Use a written assignment to test your candidate’s coding skills.
Keep an eye out for candidates who:
- Are passionate about their field
- Love working on side projects
- Keep up current with the latest tools
- Take initiative to contribute fresh ideas
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- What app or feature do you think would make our customers' experience more enjoyable?
- We need you to change/implement features on an application to make it faster. What’s your process?
- How do you scale an application to fit multiple screen sizes?
- You discovered that a feature you designed slows the application. How do you solve this?
Role-specific interview questions
- Tell me about the programming languages you’re familiar with.
- How do you choose interfaces to create a user-friendly application?
- What steps do you take to minimize security risks?
- How do you migrate an application from one platform to another?
- Explain the differences between web and mobile applications?
- Troubleshoot a crashing application for me.
Behavioral interview questions
- What are your favorite mobile apps? What features do you like most about them?
- What’s your area of expertise? What are you currently learning more about and why?
- Are you currently involved in a side project? Tell me about them.
- What's your proudest application achievement to date? Why and what was your role in the development team?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now