Why attention to detail is SO important
You’ll find “attention to detail” listed as a must in most job descriptions.
That’s because employees with this skill are super efficient, resourceful and organized plus they can produce awesome quality, error-free work. What’s not to love? 😍
Attention to detail interview questions
- Are you all about the “big picture” or the “small details”? Tell us why.
- What are your fave tools to help check for quality and stick to tight deadlines?
- How do you manage the day-to-day? What tech and tools do you use?
- Are you more into quality or quantity? Why?
- How do you focus when there are a million-and-one distractions?
- How do you drill down for perfection?
- What do you do if you notice a manager’s mistake. How would you approach them?
How to pinpoint a candidate with awesome attention to detail skills
There are a ton of ways to pick out the candidate with the best A-t-D skills.
Here are a few pointers:
- Remember the job description: Do they mention specific examples related to your job description? If so, they’ve clearly paid attention.
- Check their resume: Candidates with attention to detail will have an awesome resume to match. Look out for spelling and structural errors.
- Look for experience: Have they worked with tasks that require analytical and detailed thinking (ie, proofreading or Excel skills)?
- Note their behaviour: How do they hold themselves during interview? Detail-oriented candidates will arrive on time, listen carefully, take notes and be more descriptive in their answers.
- Check their research: Have they researched the company? How much do they know? If they’ve noted things like company culture and values you know they’ve paid attention.
- Make sure they’re not overly perfectionist: Perfectionism is a fine balance. You want to make sure attention to detail is helpful and doesn’t interfere with productivity.