Why attention to detail is SO important
You’ll find “attention to detail” listed as a must in most job descriptions.
That’s because employees with this skill are super efficient, resourceful and organized plus they can produce awesome quality, error-free work. What’s not to love? 😍
Attention to detail interview questions
- Are you all about the “big picture” or the “small details”? Tell us why.
- What are your fave tools to help check for quality and stick to tight deadlines?
- How do you manage the day-to-day? What tech and tools do you use?
- Are you more into quality or quantity? Why?
- How do you focus when there are a million-and-one distractions?
- How do you drill down for perfection?
- What do you do if you notice a manager’s mistake. How would you approach them?
How to pinpoint a candidate with awesome attention to detail skills
There are a ton of ways to pick out the candidate with the best A-t-D skills.
Here are a few pointers:
- Remember the job description: Do they mention specific examples related to your job description? If so, they’ve clearly paid attention.
- Check their resume: Candidates with attention to detail will have an awesome resume to match. Look out for spelling and structural errors.
- Look for experience: Have they worked with tasks that require analytical and detailed thinking (ie, proofreading or Excel skills)?
- Note their behaviour: How do they hold themselves during interview? Detail-oriented candidates will arrive on time, listen carefully, take notes and be more descriptive in their answers.
- Check their research: Have they researched the company? How much do they know? If they’ve noted things like company culture and values you know they’ve paid attention.
- Make sure they’re not overly perfectionist: Perfectionism is a fine balance. You want to make sure attention to detail is helpful and doesn’t interfere with productivity.
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now