Flight Attendant qualifications to look for
Flight attendants make your airline’s flight truly memorable because they interact with your customers more than any other member of your team. They ensure the safety and comfort of your passengers while delivering excellent customer service.
Most flight attendants will have a high school diploma or equivalent, and it’s always a bonus if your next hire is multilingual.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Team players
- Customer-forward thinkers
- Attentive to details
- Able to adhere to rules and regulations
- Able to work on short notice
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Flight Attendant interview questions
- What’s the longest flight you’ve ever been on as either a flight attendant or passenger? What made the flight comfortable and how can you bring those same services to our flights?
- What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
- Describe a time you went above and beyond to make a passenger feel comfortable.
- How would you handle a coworker who wasn’t keeping up with the job?
- You’ve noticed a coworker violating safety standards. What is your response?
- How do you support team members when they are performing well?
- Describe a time you experienced a crisis at work. How did you handle it?
- How do you handle passengers who try to stand in the aisle when the restroom is full?
- How do you communicate with passengers who do not speak English well?
- How do you assist passengers with upset children?
- How would you deal with a passenger being rude or abusive to a coworker or passenger?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now