Legal Counsel interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire is experienced (think: background in corporate law) with thorough law knowledge. They’ll be trustworthy multi-taskers with great attention to detail and will have awesome interpersonal skills, like diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Listen carefully: During the interview, you’ll gain a lot from listening to the questions they ask. They’ll be smart, relevant and spontaneous.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- What are your end goals while working with us?
- Tell us about the experience that prepared you for this role.
- What’s been the highlight of your legal career?
- How do you define success?
- Describe a situation where you had to seek outside counsel. What happened?
- What other situations require outside counsel?
- Describe the most complex legal situation you’ve ever faced. How did you resolve it?
- Have you ever made a mistake at work? What happened?
- How do you cope with stress at work?
- What kind of training will help you ace this role?
- Tell us about a time you prioritized conflicting deadlines.
- How would you settle into this role?