Nutritionist qualifications to look for
A Nutritionist is a Registered Dietician (RD) who works in a variety of settings to educate patients about specific nutritional requirements for their medical conditions.
Your top candidates will hold a four-year degree from an accredited RD program with a relevant internship. RDs are also required to complete regular training to stay updated on industry knowledge and maintain their credentials.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Strong communicators
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Nutritionist interview questions
- As a nutritionist, what is your role with emotional support for your patients?
- What makes you a good teacher and role model?
- Are you interested in working with a specific population?
- Describe your experience with prenatal nutrition. What are the important considerations to make when working with this population?
- Do you have experience with home care? Please explain.
- Have you worked with social workers? Please describe.
- How often do you work with physicians? What’s the best way to keep them informed about their patient’s care with you?
- Do you prefer advising individuals, or groups? Why?
- How would you advise a client to keep a food diary? How do you motivate them to keep up with it?
- Recall a time you resolved a problem with a non-compliant patient. How did you handle it?
- What kind of diet would you prescribe to a patient who was trying to lose weight? What steps do you take to ease them into dietary changes?
- What kind of diet would you prescribe for a patient who was trying to gain weight? How do you keep them on track?
- What dietary recommendations are important for geriatric populations? What are the important considerations to make when working with this population?
- What dietary recommendations are important for vegetarians? Do you recommend supplementing with this type of diet? Explain.
- Explain the difference between working with a Type 1 and Type 2 diabetic.
- How would you put together a diet for a 30-something male recently diagnosed with AIDS? What are some considerations you make? How do you advise him if he has no appetite?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now