Project Coordinator qualifications to look for
The Project Coordinator oversees the progress of a project and gets to the bottom of any issues during the process. They function as the liaison for the team and are constantly in contact with team members to keep them updated on progress.
Your top project manager may hold a BS/BA in a related field and have PMP/PRINCE II certification (though it’s not required).
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Highly organized
- Skilled with quantitative analysis
Make sure your next project coordinator can translate numerical reports into tasks on the project plan and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- Walk me through a complex project you worked on. What was the project about? Who worked on it? How did you manage your team and meet your deadline?
- How do you keep your team current on the project?
- How do you track labor and expenses for a project?
- Explain how you liaise with clients on behalf of the company/your boss.
- If you need to explain your project to another team in this company, what are the tools you use?
- Explain the types of reports you have prepared for clients and management teams.
- Have you helped to reduce costs, save time, or increase revenue at your previous job? If so, explain.
- How do you prioritize your work when you have multiple managers to report to?
- How would you handle abandoning a project you worked hard on? What if you were asked to completely re-do it a different way?
- In what ways do you keep your team motivated during tight deadlines?
- How do you make sure your meetings are productive?
- Have you ever faced conflict with a teammate over how a project should be complete? How did you handle it?
- Have you had to give a client bad news about a project? How did you approach them?
- What are some of your favorite books or resources that gave you guidance for your position?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now