Senior .NET Developer qualifications to look for
A .NET developer is responsible for producing code using .NET languages such as C# and VB.
Senior .NET developers are savvy creators who design applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. A .NET developer thrives on teamwork and collaborates to design, develop and maintain software.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- A strong understanding of basic algorithmic concepts
- Solid critical thinking skills
- A wider understanding of databases
- A strong intellectual interest in application development
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- Describe a use case and the benefits of a Reflection in .NET.
- Describe a use case for the dynamic type in .NET.
- Explain why a Lambda expression forms a closure.
- Explain how anonymous classes instantiated in .NET. Can they be passed as function params?
- Do you think it’s possible in .NET to extend a class (any class) with some extra methods? If yes, how can it be accomplished?
- Describe the way attributes are used and a proper use case in.NET.
- Explain a Just in Time compiler. Do you know of any programming language runtimes that use one?
- What are the key differences between the preemptive threading model and the cooperative threading model?
- Explain how MSIL (intermediate language) fits into the whole .NET framework architecture.
- Define polymorphism, inheritance, and encapsulation.
- Describe a use case and the needed code modifications for the await keyword?
- How would you accomplish lazy initialization in .NET?
- What is the “virtual” keyword?
- In what case would you declare a field as volatile?
- Explain the Entity Framework and its benefits.
- Explain the difference between the IQueryable and IEnumerable interface in LINQ.
- Describe the benefits of using the Aggregate method in LINQ.
- What tools & practices are necessary for a Continuous Delivery solution?
- What’s the relationship between a code point and a code unit in Unicode?
- Explain the components of a quality unit test good. What about functional ones?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now