Real Estate Agent qualifications to look for
Real Estate Agents work with sellers and buyers to facilitate property sales. They take charge of the entire sale/purchase process. This includes from researching properties, negotiating prices, promoting through advertisements, and coordinating the purchase closing.
📌Don’t forget: Check local legislation as licensure requirements vary per location.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- A solid sales background
- Customer service mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexibility in their hours
- A valid driver’s license
Though a background in real estate isn’t required, you’ll want candidates who show an interest in learning the trade, and who also keep up with the industry news.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- What type of housing would you suggest to a young couple making their first purchase?
- Do you have a network of mortgage lenders and constructors you collaborate with? If so, how do you stay in contact with them?
- What are your best practices as a Real Estate Agent?
- What’s the best way to attract new clients to our company?
- What effective advertising techniques do you think we should use? Explain how you use social media to promote properties.
- What’s the process for inspecting a property? What are your main points of focus and what do you ask the owner?
- What do you consider a successful purchase closing?
- What questions do you ask clients to identify their needs?
- Walk me through the documents required to close the deal. Who signs them?
- How do you organize your list of properties? What digital tools do you use?
- What tools do you use to manage your appointments?
- How do you research new neighborhoods?
- How do you advertise a home that may seem a bit underwhelming to buyers?
Behavioral interview questions
- Do you prefer working independently or as part of a group? Explain why.
- How would you handle a highly demanding client?
- What resources do you use to stay current with trends in the real estate market? Do you attend seminars or take continuing education classes?
- What has been your proudest moment in your career? How did it help you grow?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now