Real Estate Agent qualifications to look for
Real Estate Agents work with sellers and buyers to facilitate property sales. They take charge of the entire sale/purchase process. This includes from researching properties, negotiating prices, promoting through advertisements, and coordinating the purchase closing.
📌Don’t forget: Check local legislation as licensure requirements vary per location.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- A solid sales background
- Customer service mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Flexibility in their hours
- A valid driver’s license
Though a background in real estate isn’t required, you’ll want candidates who show an interest in learning the trade, and who also keep up with the industry news.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- What type of housing would you suggest to a young couple making their first purchase?
- Do you have a network of mortgage lenders and constructors you collaborate with? If so, how do you stay in contact with them?
- What are your best practices as a Real Estate Agent?
- What’s the best way to attract new clients to our company?
- What effective advertising techniques do you think we should use? Explain how you use social media to promote properties.
- What’s the process for inspecting a property? What are your main points of focus and what do you ask the owner?
- What do you consider a successful purchase closing?
- What questions do you ask clients to identify their needs?
- Walk me through the documents required to close the deal. Who signs them?
- How do you organize your list of properties? What digital tools do you use?
- What tools do you use to manage your appointments?
- How do you research new neighborhoods?
- How do you advertise a home that may seem a bit underwhelming to buyers?
Behavioral interview questions
- Do you prefer working independently or as part of a group? Explain why.
- How would you handle a highly demanding client?
- What resources do you use to stay current with trends in the real estate market? Do you attend seminars or take continuing education classes?
- What has been your proudest moment in your career? How did it help you grow?