Staff Auditor qualifications to look for
Staff Auditors take charge of regulation compliance, oversee generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and evaluate financial statements. They also manage risk control across businesses/departments and create financial health reports.
Your top candidates will hold an Accounting degree along with relevant work experience and knowledge of external auditing practices to prevent fraud. They may also have a CPA license.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Attentive to detail
- Critical thinkers
- Risk evaluators
- Strong communicators skills
- Great with clients
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- You found a way to reduce a client’s costs. How do you present the findings?
- What risk management procedures would you employ if your company may be exposed to risk?
- A client asked you to cover up fraud. How do you handle it?
- A client doesn’t want to implement your recommendations for complying with financial laws. How do you handle the situation?
Role-specific interview questions
- What are some key metrics you monitor to check a company’s financial status?
- What industries and business types do you have the most experience with?
- What accounting or audit software do you use?
- What are the most effective methods to estimate bad debt?
- What are the steps you take after detecting a case of fraud?
- How do you check your work for accuracy? (e.g. in reports and spreadsheets)
Behavioral interview questions
- You’re on a tight deadline to conduct audits for multiple clients. How do you manage your time and workload?
- Describe your most challenging project. What were the difficulties and what did you do to overcome them?
- How has your attention to detail saved you from making a mistake at work?
- What do you read to keep current with changes in financial regulations and laws?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now