About the Assistant Editor Position
Our company is looking to hire an enthusiastic Assistant Editor to join our team. Do you have a passion for writing? Are you someone who enjoys having a hand in all parts of a story’s publication? Are you able to see both the bigger story and all the little parts that go into making it? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Assistant Editor Responsibilities
- Work closely with the editor-in-chief to research, plan, and assign stories
- Write, edit, and manage your own work
- Review team members’ writing for accuracy, clarity, and readability while making suggestions for potential improvements
- Utilize SEO, graphics, and social media to support and boost written articles
- Publish content to company website and applicable social media platforms
- Stay on top of current events and trends as necessary
Assistant Editor Requirements
- BA/BSc in journalism, communications, or related field
- [2+] years of experience as an Assistant Editor or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of publishing tools such as Microsoft Office or InDesign
- Superb attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms and SEO
Find this Assistant Editor job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Assistant Editor?
A good Assistant Editor is someone who doesn’t mind wearing many hats throughout the writing process! Whether writing your own stories, editing team members’ works, or uploading content, you’ll be able to navigate what’s thrown at you with ease and be ready for whatever comes next.
Who does an Assistant Editor report to?
An Assistant Editor usually reports to the Editor-in-Chief.
What is the salary range for an Assistant Editor?
The typical salary range for an Assistant Editor is $34,000 to $54,000.
Hire an Assistant Editor
Post this Assistant Editor job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.