About the Staff Writer Position
We’re seeking a creative and eager team player to join our company as a Staff Writer. As a Staff Writer, you’ll be responsible for generating content from start to finish, including researching topics, interviewing subjects, and writing copy.
If you think you’d be a good fit for the Staff Writer position and would like to apply, we’d love to hear from you.
Staff Writer Responsibilities
- Thoroughly research assigned subject matter
- Conduct interviews with any relevant sources
- Write clear and concise articles, blog posts, etc.
- Proofread and edit your work
- Work closely with editors to make necessary changes
- Stay knowledgeable on current events
- Establish and maintain relationships with media/PR professionals
- Attend meetings to receive new assignments
Staff Writer Requirements
- Relevant experience as a Staff Writer, Journalist, or similar position
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced editing skills
- Portfolio preferred but not required
Find this Staff Writer job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Staff Writer?
A good Staff Writer is able to throw themselves into the story they’re writing! Whether conducting research, interviewing an expert, or writing and editing the story to bring it all together, a strong Staff Writer can do it all.
Who does a Staff Writer report to?
A Staff Writer typically reports to an Editor.
What is the salary range for a Staff Writer?
The usual salary range for a Staff Writer is $32,000 to $62,000.
Hire a Staff Writer
Post this Staff Writer job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.