About the Journalist Position
Do you have a passion for discovering what’s going on around you? Do you enjoy getting out in your community, talking to people, and sharing their stories? If so, our company would love to talk to you about our open Journalist position.
We’re looking for an experienced Journalist to join our team as a reporter. As a Journalist, you’ll be responsible for telling the whole story to our readers. Whether researching to get background information, interviewing people to gain more perspective, or writing a front-page article, you’ll excel in a fast-paced, on-the-go environment.
If you’re interested in learning more, read the full list of responsibilities and requirements below. We’d love to hear from you.
- Research incidents, topics, or activities to determine if a story is newsworthy
- Stay up-to-date on local events and news
- Pitch unique, interesting article ideas to editors
- Write compelling, clean, and concise stories on assigned subjects
- Proofread and edit copy for editorial approval
- Meet all applicable deadlines
- Locate and interview news sources
- Maintain all ethical standards of the profession
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or related field
- [1+] years of experience as a Journalist
- Experience writing and editing news stories
- Proficient in AP Style writing
- An eye for detail
- Strong multitasking and organizational skills
- Superb networking, interviewing and communication skills
- Portfolio of published works preferred
Find this Journalist job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Journalist?
A good Journalist knows a potentially newsworthy story when they see one and is on the case. From start to finish, they’re on the job: researching, interviewing, writing, and editing.
Who does a Journalist report to?
A Journalist reports to an Editor.
What is the salary range for a Journalist?
The typical salary range for a Journalist is $35,000 to $55,000 depending on experience and location.
Hire a Journalist
Post this Journalist job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.