About the Kindergarten Teacher Position
As a Kindergarten Teacher in our school, you’ll be working to develop the intellectual and social skills of young children while encouraging a lifelong love of learning. We’re looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and eager Kindergarten Teacher with a passion for helping students grow.
Kindergarten Teacher Responsibilities
- Teach multiple kindergarten-aged children in a classroom, introducing them to various school subjects along with social and emotional skills
- Create weekly lesson plans to guide student instruction
- Use songs, games, stories, and other creative methods to encourage student learning outcomes
- Make observations on student growth, reporting results to parents and special educators if needed
- Work with students to enforce classroom and playground rules, demonstrating safe behavior
- Ensure students are meeting school learning objectives and are prepared for standardized testing
Kindergarten Teacher Requirements
- BA/BS in Early Childhood Education or similar degree, with current required licensing
- [2+] years of experience as a Kindergarten Teacher or in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of child development, including latest education theories
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities
- Superb communication skills, with both children and adults
- Excellent attention to detail and multitasking skills
Find this Makeup Artist job description template, and hundreds more, right inside Breezy. Start Now
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Kindergarten Teacher?
A good Kindergarten Teacher is, first and foremost, great at working with children and wants to see them succeed. Using current teaching theories, strong Kindergarten Teachers will teach students lessons that will aid them through all their years of schooling.
Who does a Kindergarten Teacher report to?
A Kindergarten Teacher reports to a school principal.
What is the salary range for a Kindergarten Teacher?
The salary range for a Kindergarten Teacher is $40,000 to $70,000.