An IT onboarding process helps new hires:
- Familiarize themselves with your tech systems
- Set up the necessary accounts
- Follow security guidelines
- Feel confident using company systems
Before your new hire’s first day
Give IT important information about the new hire:
- Contact details
- Job titles
- Starting dates
- Software they’ll need for their jobs
Order equipment new hires will need, including:
- Laptop or Desktop
- USB sticks
Determine which software, tools and access rights new hires need. This can include:
- Company email
- Internal messaging
- Productivity tools (e.g. Trello, Slack, Asana)
- Analytics (Leadfeeder, Tableau)
- Shared documents
Get equipment set up and ready:
- Get approval from the senior management team to set up new accounts.
- Invite new hires to join corporate accounts and send them setup guidelines.
- If applicable, contact new hires or their hiring managers to learn their preferred tech equipment.
On your new hire’s first day
Prepare new hires’ desk with necessary hardware, like:
Schedule 1:1 meetings to help new hires properly:
Set up company accounts, if they haven’t already
- Company messaging app
- Password security tools (e.g. Dashlane, LastPass, Keeper)
Provide digital or physical copies of manuals for hardware and software so that new employees can reference them when needed.
Explain how to use corporate office equipment, like:
- Collaboration tools
- Video conference tools
- Printers and copiers
- Phone system
Ensure all new hires understand and sign data privacy agreements.
Describe the visitors’ policy
Train new hires on how to secure their workstations. For example, make sure they know:
- How to store physical and digital files
- How to share sensitive data
- How to lock their computer and desk
Explain how new hires should reach you if they have any technical issues. Include your:
- Email and phone
- Username, if you communicate via a messaging application
- Tech assistance request procedure
During new employee’s first week or month
Check-in with new hires to see if their software is properly installed.
If necessary, schedule training on:
- Security policies
- Best practices when using office equipment
- Productivity tips for commonly used tools
Answer specific questions new hires may have after using tools for a while.
Sign new hires up for routine security training exercises.
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Start My Free Trial
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.