When you’re ready, use this email template to outline your requirements.
Here are the point to cover in your email:
- Job title
- Employment type (full-time position, contract-based, etc.)
- Must-have requirements (geography, education, etc.)
- Salary range (including additional bonuses if applicable)
- Seniority level (if it’s not clear from the job title)
- Time frame you want to close this hire in (including your preferred start date)
- Next steps (Do you want a confirmation or do you need to hop on a call to chat details?)
- Document with detailed job description for the full picture of what you’re looking for in a candidate
Subject line: Incoming job req from [Company_name] / New open role at [Company_name]: [job title]
Hi [partner’s name],
We’re excited to hire a new [Job title] for our [department]!
We’re looking for a professional with at least [some experience] with [X technology] who can [help us design awesome new features for our SaaS product]. This is a [full time] position and the salary range is [$Y – $Z]. I’ve attached a detailed job description you can use to advertise the job and source candidates.
Ideally, we’d like to have our new hire onboard on [date]. If we can please have a shortlist of [five] candidates by [date] that would be great. Please let me know if that sounds doable for this position.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about scope or responsibility.
[Your email signature]