Account Managers develop strong relationships, connect with key stakeholders, prepare sales reports and identify opportunities to sell new services or products.
Your high-potential new hire will have impressive interpersonal and communication skills, and will show they can ace every client interaction. They’ll have awesome leadership skills and business insight, a client service focus and the ability to develop deep client relationships. Plus they’ll be great negotiators and problem solvers with incredible presentation skills.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Account Manager interview questions
- How would you rate yourself as an Account Manager?
- How do you stand out from the crowd?
- Why are long term client relationships so important?
- How would you up-sell or cross-sell a product to a client?
- How would you turn an unconvinced client around?
- Tell us about a time you successfully handled a dissatisfied client.
- What’s your track record in delivering on revenue targets and customer satisfaction rates?
- If you could change one thing about your personality what would it be and why?
- What are your top passions?
- What’s been your career highlight? Tell us exactly how you managed it from start to finish?