Telesales Representative interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire is highly motivated and super talented when it comes to planning and customer service. They understand telesales tech and are eloquent, persuasive and dedicated. Plus they’re likeable and have great knowledge of your industry.
- Know what you’re looking for: Telesales Reps tend to either specialize in inbound or outbound calls. Depending on which you’re looking for, you’ll need to scout for different skills. For inbound reps you want personable customer service pros, and for outbound calls look for aces at closing sales.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What is your sales/customer service experience?
- Without the benefit of face-to-face contact, how do you connect with customers?
- What’s your experience meeting quotas?
- What are your top tips for a great call?
- What’s the key to closing a deal?
- How would you approach a B2B vs. B2C customer?
- How do you get a customer on side?
- How do you deal with rejection?
- What telesales tech have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- What would you do if someone you cold-called was suspicious?
- What’s been your sale highlight?
- Have you ever made a change that led to more sales?
- Have you ever made a mistake during a call? What would you have done differently?
- Have you ever dealt with an angry prospect? What happened?
Problem solving interview questions
- Sell me [this product].
- What would you keep (or not) from [this script]?
- Walk me through a call where the prospect is interested.
- How would you avoid upsetting a prospect if you needed to put them on hold?