Business Development Rep interview questions
High-potential Business Development Rep are super enthusiastic about meeting sales quotas, are motivated, take initiative and are results-driven. They have strong communication skills and will show they can positively represent your company.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s the first thing you’d do when assigned a new potential client?
- What are your favorite and least favorite sales techniques and why?
- What info do you need to contact a potential client?
- Which CRMs have you used?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever failed to reach a sales quota? What would you have done differently?
- What’s your top professional highlight so far?
- What are your professional goals?
- Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? What happened?
- What keeps you motivated?
Problem solving interview questions
- What would be the pros and cons of developing our business into [this new market]? How would you do it?
- Where would you first look for new business opportunities?
- What would you do if a positive meeting with a high-potential client was running late?
- How would you deal with a potential client who kept redirecting you to different employees?