Architect qualifications to look for
Architects design structures, taking into consideration physical appearance, functionality, safety, and budget. They bridge creativity and practicality, and your best architects will be out-of-the-box visionaries.
Let their portfolio be your guide when searching for your top hire. High-value architects will hold a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Architecture and professional certifications.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- A desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- A leadership mindset
- The ability to innovate and adapt to changes in the industry
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- What’s your process when assigned the study or design of a structure you don’t have experience with?
- How do you handle delays in an engineering study?
- How do you respond to a client who wants their home to look exactly like a magazine image?
Role-specific interview questions
- What portfolio project are you most proud of? How did it shape you as a professional?
- How do you weigh creativity against practicality when designing?
- What is your experience of working with different materials like metal or wood?
- How do you choose the materials for your projects? What do you take into consideration?
- Tell me about your experience with AutoCAD and 3D modeling.
- What’s a recent development in architecture you find interesting?
- What architecture resources do you follow?
Behavioral interview questions
- When has an innovative idea you presented resulted in an improvement?
- How do you manage to coordinate different parties on a construction project?
- Have you ever found it difficult to gather all the information needed for a study? How did you handle it?
- How do you get stakeholders on board with your project ideas?
- How do you handle pivoting in the middle of a project?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now