Bank Manager qualifications to look for
Bank Managers play an important role in daily banking operations. They also maintain high productivity levels and great customer service among employees.
Your ideal candidate should have previous experience leading teams. They will supervise Bank Tellers, set sales targets and evaluate employee performance.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Excellent communicators
- Top-notch with customers
- Solid negotiators
You also want candidates with solid banking and financial backgrounds who are goal-driven.
Top tip: Diversity is key to a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem-solving interview questions
- How would you support your company if it’s behind on loan payments?
- How do you forecast quarterly sales revenues? What additional data would you use to forecast annual sales revenues?
- An employee is underperforming. How would you assess and support them?
- How do you handle a customer complaint about an employee?
Role-specific interview questions
- What banking software systems are you familiar with? What are your favorite features?
- How do you decide to approve or reject a loan request?
- What employee performance metrics have you used? How have they helped your team improve?
- What sector would you currently choose to invest in? Explain your reason.
Behavioral interview questions
- What is your greatest professional accomplishment so far? How has it helped you grow?
- Have you experienced conflicts between employees you manage? How did you resolve this?
- Describe a time when your team failed to reach its goals. How did you motivate your team members to make improvements? What did you do differently going forward?
- Have you ever faced an ethical dilemma at work? Who did you turn to for help?