Bank employee qualifications to look for
Bank employees are hands-on with customers, and your future high-performers need financial literacy and customer service skills. They should also have a wealth of banking product knowledge and cash-handling experience.
Keep an eye out for candidates who:
- Are organized and detail-oriented
- Are educated in Banking, Accounting or a similar field
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry developments
- Can explain financial matters in clear terms
Experience isn’t your best indicator for an entry-level bank teller. These pros should show interest in the banking industry and have good communication skills.
For senior-level positions, source your next team-player who demonstrates a deep understanding of investments and bank procedures. They should also be able to navigate customers’ banking needs.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Entry-level position bank employee questions
- What are the pros and cons of different valuation methods?
- What’s the difference between a Current Account Deficit and the Fiscal Deficit?
- Explain the differences between savings and checking accounts.
- What are some of the risks involved in buying or selling a company? How would you recommend mitigating them?
- What is a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC)?
- Walk me through the documents you provide for opening a bank account.
- A customer is upset. How do you handle the situation?
- You’ve got a tough customer issue and the line is backed up. What do you do?
- Why do you want to join our team?
Senior-level position bank employee interview questions
- Will interest rates change over the next six months? How will this affect our business?
- How do you decide to approve or reject a loan request?
- What’s a smart sector to invest in right now? Why?
- A company is behind on its loan payments. What are the steps you take to resolve the issue?
- What banking software systems have you used? How comfortable are you with them?
- How did you respond to an ethical dilemma at work?
- What is your biggest professional success so far? What would you like to achieve?
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work. How did you handle it?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now