Business Analyst qualifications to look for
Business Analysts prepare companies for change.
A great Business Analyst will know how to crunch data to identify and resolve key problems, and boost company performance.
They’re big on analyzing strengths and weaknesses within an organization and suggesting technical solutions that help companies run more efficiently.
Your top hire will have a background in Computer Science combined with experience in Business Administration. Ask questions to gauge skills in requirements analysis, documentation, and testing.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- Solid knowledge of quality assurance systems and modeling techniques
- Exceptional analytical skills
- A knack for explaining technical details to a non-technical audience
- A strong understanding of your company’s needs
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- We need you to create documents to describe our sales process. What is your process for doing this?
- How would you help a reluctant manager understand your suggestions better?
- You have limited resources, but need to solve a problem. What is your approach?
- We may request frequent changes in user requirements. How do you manage this?
Role-specific interview questions
- Our company wants to visualize our relationships with customers. What modeling technique do you use and why?
- Explain how personas to help us understand user behavior.
- Explain a use case model.
- Explain a flowchart and its use.
- Explain the user-centered design methodology.
- What is a System Requirement Document (SRD)? When do you need one?
- What is Software as a Service (SaaS)?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever delivered a cost-reducing solution? What was it?
- Has one of your solutions ever failed? What did you learn from that experience?
- How do you handle conflicts on a team?
- Tell me about an effective use-case model you created. Why was it successful?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now