.NET Web Developer qualifications to look for
A net developer is responsible for producing code using .NET languages such as C# and VB.
.Net developers are savvy creators who design applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. A .net developer thrives on teamwork and collaborates to design, develop and maintain software.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- A strong understanding of basic algorithmic concepts
- Solid critical thinking skills
- A wider understanding of databases
- A strong intellectual interest in application development
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
.NET Web Developer interview questions
- What do you take into consideration when designing a new web API today?
- Please list the practices/tools you employ in order to measure and optimize the performance of a web site/web application.
- What are modern browser storage options?
- Explain how network latency affects the user experience. What about bandwidth?
- What are the core principles of REST? How is this different from RPC?
- Explain the different HTTP status codes classes used to designate success, client error, and server error respectively.
- What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface? How do you know which one to use?
- Can you give me a basic overview of the OAUTH2 protocol flow?
- Explain the difference between polymorphism, inheritance, and encapsulation?
- Explain how a certain Lambda expression forms a closure.
- Is it possible in .NET to extend a class (any class) with some extra methods? Explain how.
- What are multi-cast delegates? When do you use them?
- In .NET, attributes are a method of associating declarative information with C# code. What’s a proper use case for this?
- Define the WebSecurity class in .NET and its use.
- How should you pass configuration variables to ASP.NET applications?
- If the web.config file contains user-defined sections, how are they declared and accessed by code?
- How do you deploy a Web Application using Web Deploy? How is the web.config file altered automatically to contain the proper configuration for the deployment environment?