IT Coordinator qualifications to look for
IT Coordinators take charge of your company’s computer systems and networks to safeguard safe and efficient operations and resolve end-user technical issues.
Your top hire will likely hold a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, and stay current with industry developments while holding relevant certifications (e.g., security, risk assessment or virtualization).
Walk candidates through hypothetical scenarios likely to occur on the job to make sure they can efficiently solve issues within your company.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Excellent troubleshooters
- Strong communicators
- Emotional intelligent
- Able to explain technical details to non-technical audience
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- A remote employee needs help in installing a printer. What’s your process?
- You're tasked to write a policy for proper use of hardware, like projectors, cameras, and microphones. What details do you include?
- You received multiple queries at the same time. What’s your system to prioritize tasks?
- You’re asked to train employees on how to deal with common technical issues on their own. Pick a topic you think would be useful (e.g. how to troubleshoot WiFi connectivity issues) and tell us how you would explain it to employees. What systems do you put in place to make sure everybody understands the technical terms in the presentation?
Role-specific interview questions
- Data is lost on a Mac. How do you recover it? How does the process differ with a PC?
- A computer couldn’t connect to a specific website. How do you solve the issue?
- What are the steps to test and set up servers after a power outage?
- When and how often do you perform computer backups? What’s the best way to do it and what tools do you use?
- What determines a server’s capacity? Why and how often do you need to upgrade a server?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever used your knowledge of operating systems to optimize a network’s performance? What was the process?
- Tell me about a time when you didn’t know how to solve an issue. What did you do?
- How do you handle a staff member facing technical problems?
- What publications or resources do you use to stay current with IT developments?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now