Credit Analyst qualifications to look for
Credit Analysts determine the amount of risk of a loan or the creditworthiness of a customer.
This is no small task, so a credit analyst must be very knowledgeable in data analysis and risk assessment methods. They should also have polished skills with various financial, legal and programming aspects.
Top candidates will hold professional credentials and keep current with developments in the economic world.
Entry-level candidate questions should focus on their basic theoretical knowledge and soft skills. Find out what they know about your company/services and why they’re interested in this field.
Keep an eye out for candidates who are:
- Analytically minded
- Excellent with math
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Strong communicators
- Critical thinkers
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem-solving interview questions
- A company wants a $5 million loan. How do you determine whether we should move forward?
- How do you use a balance sheet or cash flow statement to determine credit risk?
- An important long-time customer is too high of a risk for a loan. How would you handle it?
- You found the creditworthiness of a customer is lacking. How do you resolve this?
Role-specific interview questions
- Tell me about quantitative analysis and your experience with it.
- What is the typical customer of your previous/current company? How do you interact with them?
- What financial software have you used in the past? What are your favorite features?
- Which is the most important financial ratio you use and why?
- Can you explain Credit Default Swap (CDS)?
- Explain Basel III.
- What’s your approach to working with a team?
Behavioral interview questions
- When has your judgment misled you? What would you have done differently?
- How have you used your communication skills to resolve an issue at work?
- Have you developed an effective method or model to assess profitability? Tell me about it.
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now