Engagement Manager interview questions
Your high-quality future hire is personable and customer-focused with strong communication skills. They are also qualified (think: Business Admin or Marketing degree) and experienced in sales, achieving quotas, addressing client needs and using CRM tech.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your top engagement techniques to manage awesome client relationships?
- How do you prioritize which clients to contact day-to-day?
- How can you tell when a client wants to end a business relationship?
- How do you engage a new client and what info do you need from the salesperson who closed the deal?
- What CRM tech have you used?
- What are the top sales and marketing metrics to track and why?
- How do you network with potential clients?
Behavioral interview questions
- Email, phone or in-person: Which do you prefer and why?
- How do you balance deadlines on multiple accounts?
- How did you handle your most challenging client situation?
- Have you ever made a decision that cost you a client? What would you have done differently?
Problem solving interview questions
- Would you negotiate with a small but long-term client who asks for a significant contract discount? Why?
- How would you approach a large client who is thinking of leaving because of our customer service?
- How would you manage client communication to explain their trial period has expired?
- How would you deal with a customer who’s willing to pay double upfront if you implement specific product features, if the deal meant your engineers wouldn’t be available to the rest of your clients?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now