Engagement Manager interview questions
Your high-quality future hire is personable and customer-focused with strong communication skills. They are also qualified (think: Business Admin or Marketing degree) and experienced in sales, achieving quotas, addressing client needs and using CRM tech.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your top engagement techniques to manage awesome client relationships?
- How do you prioritize which clients to contact day-to-day?
- How can you tell when a client wants to end a business relationship?
- How do you engage a new client and what info do you need from the salesperson who closed the deal?
- What CRM tech have you used?
- What are the top sales and marketing metrics to track and why?
- How do you network with potential clients?
Behavioral interview questions
- Email, phone or in-person: Which do you prefer and why?
- How do you balance deadlines on multiple accounts?
- How did you handle your most challenging client situation?
- Have you ever made a decision that cost you a client? What would you have done differently?
Problem solving interview questions
- Would you negotiate with a small but long-term client who asks for a significant contract discount? Why?
- How would you approach a large client who is thinking of leaving because of our customer service?
- How would you manage client communication to explain their trial period has expired?
- How would you deal with a customer who’s willing to pay double upfront if you implement specific product features, if the deal meant your engineers wouldn’t be available to the rest of your clients?