Relationship Manager interview questions
Your ideal Relationship Manager candidate will be experienced and have incredible communication skills. They'll ask innovative questions, present creative ideas and demonstrate high-quality problem-solving skills. They’ll also have deep insights about client needs and show an analytical mindset.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Role-specific interview questions
- What are your top engagement techniques to manage great client relationships?
- How do you prioritize which clients to contact day-to-day?
- How would you convert a non-responsive customer? When do you stop?
- What are the key things to highlight in presentations for clients/managers?
- Which CRM tech have you used?
- Which reports do you use to track your work? How often do you report to your manager?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s more important and why: awesome quality or hitting tight deadlines?
- Email, phone or in-person: Which do you prefer?
- Tell us about your most challenging sales project. How did you overcome your obstacles?
- Tell us about your most challenging client. How did you manage to win them over?
- Have you ever made a decision that cost you a client? What would you have done differently?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you turn around a long-term customer who was unhappy about product prices and threatening to end your business relationship?
- What info do you need before you contact a new client for the first time?
- If we were about to launch a new product, when would you inform our customers? Which customers would you inform, how and why?
- How would you respond to a client who asked for new features in a short timeframe?
- How would you handle a customer who wants to pay double for specific product features you know won’t be helpful for them in the long-term?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now