Sales Advisor interview questions
Your high-potential new hire will be a customer-focused people-person with a passion for sales. They’ll have awesome communications skills and a great understanding of your products and industry. Plus, they’ll be cool-headed and able to think on their feet.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- Do you have any retail experience?
- Do you have cash register experience?
- How would you close the store?
- How do you handle stress on a busy day?
- What does excellent customer service mean to you?
- Are you keen on shift work?
- Which of our products would you most enjoy selling and why?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker? How did you deal with it?
- Have you ever dealt with an angry customer? What happened?
- Tell us about a time you aced a team project.
Problem solving interview questions
- If you were alone on the shop floor with a long customer line and one customer insists you help them with a product, what would you do?
- How would you deal with a lazy coworker during a busy period?
- What would you do if you saw a customer stealing?
- How would you help a customer who was looking for a gift?
- Do you prefer to approach clients when they enter a store or wait for them to come to you?
- What would you say if a customer asks you a question about a new product you don’t know much about?