Your zero-regret new hire will have excellent interpersonal skills and a solid grasp of your customers and product. They will be persistent, resourceful, detail-oriented, metrics-driven, and will have proven call center experience. Plus, they’ll have tons of experience recruiting candidates, designing training programs and motivating their teams.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Call Center Manager interview questions
- How has your background prepared you for this role?
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- If hired, how would you get to know our customers and product in week one?
- How much do you know about call center equipment?
- What are your top recruiting strategies?
- How big was your last team?
- What do you include in super effective employee training?
- How would you react if your team fell behind on performance standards?
- What metrics do you use to figure out team performance stats?
- How would you motivate your team to hit a tight deadline?
- Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer call that was escalated to management.
- How do you discipline employees?
- Have you ever dealt with an inter-team dispute? How did you handle it?