For some more specialized roles, janitors might need to operate special machinery, use chemical cleaners or make minor repairs.
Your zero-regret new hire is self-motivated, reliable, thorough and focused.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Janitor interview questions
- Tell us about your Janitor experience. What were your main responsibilities?
- Do you have experience with cleaning machinery?
- What was your favorite thing about your last role?
- How would you clean in a busy area?
- How do you look after your equipment?
- What would you do if you noticed an issue that needed major repairs?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Have you ever had to solve a problem on your own because your supervisor wasn’t there? What happened?
- Has anyone ever criticized your work? What happened?
- What’s the most frustrating thing about this role?
- What would you do if you noticed one of your co-workers stealing supplies?