Dispatchers are the instrumental people who handle incoming calls at emergency response facilities or at airports as flight dispatchers.
Your dream candidate is a cool-headed critical-thinker with awesome crisis management skills and the ability to remain calm in high-stress situations.
- Quality over qualifications: Dispatchers don’t need formal qualifications. Experience can be useful but a high-potential inexperienced candidate could be your perfect hire if you have time to train them.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Dispatcher interview questions
- What’s your experience with dispatching equipment?
- Tell us about a time you had to multitask.
- How much do you know about this county’s criminal law?
- How would you respond to a panicked person you struggled to understand?
- What would you do if a truck driver was angry because they’d been assigned the wrong cargo?
- How do you rate your phone skills?
- Have you ever had to make a difficult decision when your supervisor wasn’t around?
- Have you ever felt super stressed? What did you do?