Marketing Consultant interview questions
Your high-quality next hire will have in-depth consumer behavior, product positioning and market research knowledge. They’ll be creative, goal-oriented pros who know their stuff when it comes to interpreting biz metrics, plus they’ll have great communication and analytical skills.
Top tips: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- What is your marketing experience?
- How much do you know about market analysis and market segmentation?
- Which statistical analysis tech have you used?
- Describe the relationship between content marketing vs. SEO.
- Which would you choose to engage more customers: blogs, ebooks, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram?
- What’s your mobile marketing experience?
- How would you plan to launch a new product in just three months?
- Describe the positioning process.
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s been your career highlight so far?
- Have you ever worked on a marketing campaign that failed? What would you do differently?
- Tell us about a time you received bad feedback on a new marketing strategy you’d suggested.
Problem solving interview questions
- What drew you to apply for this role?
- How has your previous experience prepared you for this role?
- How do you prioritize client meetings under strict deadlines?
- How do you prepare presentations?
- What would be your dream brand/ sector to work for and why?
- Have you ever used our products? What did you like/dislike about them?
- Who are our customers?
- How would you suggest we boost our market share?