Media Planner interview questions
Your high-potential new hire will be innovative, experienced and qualified (think: marketing or business admin degree) and will have an awesome head for numbers. They’ll know their way around analytics tools and can use data to interpret consumer behavior and plan targeted ad campaigns.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- Describe a day in the life of a Media Planner.
- What’s your analytics tools experience?
- How useful are Facebook paid ads to advertising campaigns?
- What are your top metrics to track?
- How do you get the best customer feedback?
- How would you limit advertising efforts to a specific area?
- How do you figure out which channels to spend budget on?
- How do you measure a campaign’s effectiveness and when do you know if it failed?
Behavioral interview questions
- What’s been your career highlight so far?
- How have you boosted company revenues in your last role?
- What are your top three ads of all time? Why are they so successful?
- Describe the most successful idea you suggested and implemented. When was your lightbulb moment and how did you measure its effectiveness?
- How do you keep up-to-date with current marketing tech and trends?
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you create an awesome digital ad campaign on a tight budget?
- What info would you share in a presentation of this quarter’s advertising campaigns? How would you present it?
- How would you advertise our company to a younger audience via social media?
- What would you do if an ad channel became less effective: wait and see if the drop is temporary, invest more money in paid ads or drop it straight away?