Marketing Assistant interview questions
High-potential Marketing Assistants will have a great understanding of sales and marketing metrics, be great team players and have a head for organization and attention to detail.
- Set an assignment: Test your candidate’s tech know-how by assigning a project to evaluate how they calculate KPIs.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- How do you conduct a competitor analysis?
- How do people discover our brand?
- What is your paid ads experience (think: PPC or sponsored content campaigns)?
- How can SEO boost traffic to our online content?
- Have you used Google Adwords? Explain how it could boost our customer reach.
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about a recent integrated marketing campaign you worked on. What channels did you use and why?
- Reports vs. presentations: Which do you prefer to use to explain marketing results?
- Have you ever worked on a marketing campaign that failed? What would you do differently?
- Which other internal teams do you usually collaborate with? How?
- What’s the most challenging advertising project you’ve worked on? What happened?
Problem solving interview questions
- What metrics would you use to show ad channel results over time?
- What metrics would you use to measure the effectiveness of a campaign?
- What would you check if you noticed a down spiral in our web traffic? Why?
- How would you advertise a product launch on social media?