Your zero-regret new hire is proactive, curious, persistent and strategic. They’re customer focused, forward-thinking and super organized, with a great knowledge of the sales process. Plus, they’ll have an impressive track record of really getting to know the products and customers they’ve worked with.
- Look for tactical salespeople: Your dream candidate will treat you like they treat their customers. They’ll aim to identify your pain points and figure out ways to fix them.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Sales Representative interview questions
- What kind of sales did you do at your last company and how big was your team?
- What were the pros and cons of the sales process at your last company?
- What was your sales quota?
- How do you ace lead generation?
- Describe your product to me: What are the benefits and who are your customers?
- Why do customers buy your product? Who’s the competition?
- Walk me through your customers’ buying decision process. Where are the blocks? How do you close the sale?
- What questions would you ask to find out a customer's needs?
- When do you stop pursuing a prospect?
- How do you keep up-to-date with your customers and product?