Your zero-regret new hire is process-driven, metrics-driven, organized and relentless. They’re exceptional leaders with tons of experience hiring, training, motivating and monitoring sales teams, as well as expert-level knowledge of the process, product and customer.
Top tips: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Sales Director Interview Questions
- Describe your last role.
- What was your sales quota?
- How did you generate high-quality leads?
- Describe your product: Tell us about the benefits and your customers.
- Why do people buy your product? Who’s your competition?
- Walk us through your customers’ buying decision process. Where are the blocks? How do you close the sale?
- Where do you find awesome sales talent?
- How do you evaluate sales skills?
- How do you motivate your team?
- How do you make compensation decisions?
- Tell us how you monitor team member performance.