Sales Associate interview questions
High-quality candidates are experienced, outgoing and enthusiastic with awesome communication skills. They’ll be quick-thinkers with passion for sales and for your products. Plus, they’ll have great skills in customer service orientation, problem-solving and patience.
Top tip: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- How would you greet customers as they enter the store?
- Which of our products would you most enjoy selling and why?
- Do you know how to operate a cash register?
- How would you close the store?
- How do you keep calm and motivated in a super busy store?
Behavioral interview questions
- Tell us about a time you provided awesome customer service.
- Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker? What happened?
- Describe a time you dealt with an angry customer. How did you diffuse the tension?
Problem solving interview questions
- What’s the best way to let customers know about temporary discounts?
- How would you respond if a client asked a question about a new product you didn’t know much about?
- What would you do if a customer was upset about a particular product shortage?
- Which retail software have you used?
- What would you do if a customer destroyed a piece of merchandise?
- Walk us through the process of closing a sale with a customer looking for a gift?
- What would you do if you saw a customer stealing?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now