Treasurer qualifications to look for
Treasurers play a crucial role in the financial health of your organization. They oversee investments, liquidity risk management, and may also take charge of smaller tasks like reconciliations.
Your top treasurer candidates will hold a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and have extensive experience as a treasurer or in a position with important financial duties.
Keep an eye out for candidates who have:
- Deep knowledge of their field
- The ability to work through complex situations and processes
- Strong sense of reliability
- Strong communication skills
- A notable leadership mindset
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
Try presenting a short case or financial problem for candidates to evaluate and solve.
Top tip: Hire candidates willing to grow by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Role-specific interview questions
- Walk me through liquidity risk management in a way that is clear for someone without a financial background.
- In what circumstance would you issue debt and how?
- How do you define a healthy investment?
- You need to measure interest rate risk. What information do you need?
- Do you have experience in hedging? If so, explain it.
- What cash management software do you prefer and what are your favorite features?
- How do you split your attention and time between direct reports or subordinates?
- What resources do you use to stay current with money markets?
Behavioral interview questions
- How have your decisions helped save a company money?
- How have you mentored others towards success?
- What challenges have you faced enforcing regulations? How did you overcome them?
- Have you ever spotted a mistake in the company’s cash statements? How did you amend it?
- How do you maintain good relationships with partners?
Start optimizing your recruiting process today.
Join the thousands of companies already hiring with Breezy HR.Start Interviewing Now