Vice President of Talent Acquisition interview questions
Your zero-regret new hire has solid HR experience, awesome leadership and team management skills and a strong strategic vision. They regularly come up with innovative ideas and have a deep understanding of your company culture and values.
Top tip: Diversity is key for a thriving workplace. Keep an eye out for management and exec-level candidates from varying backgrounds and aim to eliminate bias from your hiring process.
Problem solving interview questions
- What are the top employment laws a VP of Talent Acquisition should know? How has that knowledge helped you in the past?
- How do you lead a diverse team?
- What’s the key to building an awesome talent pipeline?
- What does a great candidate experience mean to you?
- What’s the most effective sourcing technique to attract passive candidates?
- Describe the hiring process for [a job role].
- How do you assess employee performance to identify potential fits for open roles?
- How do you build a successful succession plan?
- How would you improve our employer brand?
- How do you change your leadership approach for an international workforce?
- Which ATS systems do you have experience of?
- What’s your social media recruiting experience?
- What engagement programs would you use to retain millennial employees?
- How can HR functions impact company culture?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever dealt with a disagreement between hiring managers for a candidate? What happened?
- How have you identified and dealt with disengaged employees in the past?
- Describe a time when your talent management impacted the company’s success.
- Have you ever implemented a new system to improve the onboarding process?