Recruitment Consultant interview questions
Your zero-regret team player will have awesome sales, problem-solving and interpersonal skills. They’ll be professional, confident and motivated with A+ writing skills and will be just as comfortable working alone as they are in a team.
- Decide what you’re looking for: It’s up to you whether you want a candidate with qualifications (or not). Remember, high-potential inexperienced candidates can be the perfect fit for some roles.
- Grow together: Hire candidates you can grow with by making sure their personal career goals align with your company's mission.
Problem solving interview questions
- How would you generate new business?
- What would you ask to understand the client’s requirements?
- What would you do if a client was angry about your suggested candidate?
- How would you handle an impatient client if you were unable to find a suitable candidate?
- How would you handle a client who wants to hire a bad-fit candidate?
- How would you sell a high-potential candidate to a client who has doubts?
- What’s your elevator pitch for this role?
Role-specific interview questions
- What’s your sales experience? Have you worked in B2B?
- Are you comfortable cold-calling?
- What do you love about recruitment?
- How well do you know your way around databases?
- What tech do you rate for sourcing candidates?
- What are your top screening techniques?
- How do you rate your writing skills?
- Are you a lone wolf or a team player?
- How would you use social media to attract clients?
Behavioral interview questions
- Have you ever had difficulties filling a position. What did you do?
- What does an A player recruiter look like to you?
- Have you ever failed to provide excellent customer service? What would you change?
- Give an example of a time you disagreed with a client. What happened?
- What’s been your most stressful work experience? How did you cope?