About the Bursar position
We are looking for a skilled Bursar to supervise our organization's daily financial operations such as account management٫ fees collection٫ etc. You will have to oversee the financial and operational management of our organization making sure they are optimized and are in compliance with legal regulations.
Your primary duties include budget management٫ organizing financial procedures٫ revising and performing payments of supplies٫ etc. Besides٫ you will be responsible for a certain scope of administrative tasks such as reviewing employee contracts٫ contacting local authorities whenever needed and ensuring that activities you supervise comply with legal regulations. We expect you to be able to work independently and to efficiently perform multiple tasks.
Bursar responsibilities are:
- Supervise and control daily cash management operations
- Supervise and control accounts receivable and payable
- Manage organization's annual budget
- Manage tuition fee books and receipts files
- Create regular reports on expenses
- Analyze cost and productivity of operations
- Optimize existing financial procedures and design new ones
- Review employee contracts and terms of services
- Establish and maintain relations with peer organizations and local authorities
- Prepare reports to organization's executives about performance and opportunities for investment or funding
Bursar requirements are:
- 3+ years' experience of working on a Bursar position
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices
- Strong financial management skills
- Practical experience with cash flow management and budget preparation
- Good experience of creating reports and presentations
- Good analytical and time management skills
- Knowledge of basic computer tools such as MS Excel٫ MS Word٫ etc.
- BSc degree in Accounting٫ Business Management or another relevant area; certification in School Administration is a plus
Frequently Asked Questions
Hire a Bursar
Post this Bursar job ad to 50+ free job boards with one click.